STARTING A NEW CHAPTER IS A SIMPLE PROCESS
- Interest is generated in Dutch oven cooking in an area.
- LSDOS member (dues paid for the current year) assumes the responsibility of Interim Chapter Advisor.
- Interim Chapter Advisor informs President, Newsletter Editor, Trustee, First Vice President, and Second Vice President of initial organizational meetings.
- Three (3) LSDOS Dutch oven gatherings (DOGs) must be held. A write-up of each DOG should be sent to the President and Newsletter Editor.
- A Chapter Advisor is elected.
- Chapter Advisor will ensure that a minimum of 2 members of new chapter plus the Chapter Advisor are current LSDOS members.
- The name for the new chapter is chosen.
- President advises Webmaster so that www.lsdos.com can be updated.
- President ensures that the Board of Directors is informed.
- President sends an official WELCOME letter and LSDOS Banner to the Chapter Advisor. He/she advises Chapter Advisor that he/she is now a member of the Board of Directors. He/she informs him/her that as Chapter Advisor he/she is responsible for maintaining current and accurate information pertaining to their chapter on www.lsdos.com by providing information to the President.
- KEEP YOUR COALS HOT!
Contact President Beth Jones for any questions.